Thursday 26 January 2017

Crazy Dogs, birthday card with a mirror stamped technique

Hello

Today I have another card to show you - where I used one of the Crazy Dog stamps by Tim Holtz.
I created this by stamping an image, then reversing the stamp to give a mirror image.





I think this technique will extend the versatility of these lovely stamps.

I simply inked up the stamp, ran a brayer roller across it (which picked up the ink), then ran the brayer across my paper giving a reversed image.  Then I stamped the image next to it.

After several attempts at this I found it easier to brayer the mirror image first then it was easy to stamp in the right place for the second image.

The sentiment was produced on my printer.

I really will have to make an effort to make my next card using something different!  I love these stamps and dies.

All for now

Pat

No comments: