Wednesday 29 July 2015

Anniversary card for 30th

This year was our friend's 30th wedding anniversary.  In the UK this is known as a pearl wedding anniversary, and this is the card I made for them.
 
 
I began by using an eight by eight inch card base and covering this in a muted green patterned paper from my stash.
 
On top of this I added a layer of white card from which I die cut a circle.
 
Now - I do like the various dies which give an all over lattice effect, but I do not have one of these. 
So I tried to create a similar effect using a die I have. I cut multiple strips of my Sizzix decorative strip die - lace and circles (only the circles) in white card, then glued them together and fixed this to the back of the circular hole.  I  was pleased with the result.
 
I hand cut a banner and stamped a message on it then glued this to the card along with some ivy die cuts and flowers both of which I made with Sue Wilson's dies.
 
I finished off with some pearls, tulle and the number 30 which I cut out then glued to the card - finishing with a coating of glossy accents.
 
I have a ruby wedding card to make soon (40 years) and I will most likely try something similar but in red of course.
 
Happy crafting
Pat 
 

No comments: