Tuesday 3 November 2015

A simple 'hello' card using Sissix alphabet dies

Hi
This card was an experiment for me.  I had just taken delivery of some Sizzix alphabet dies and needed to experiment - here is the result.

This is how I made it:

  • I covered a card blank with black card, then striped paper.
  • I drew the funky flowers freehand , coloured them with Promarkers before adding glossy accents then cutting this into a rectangle .
  • I placed the word 'hello' (using Sizzix alphabet dies) onto black card, taped them down, and sandwiched them between my die cutting plates, leaving a small portion at the bottom of each letter off the edge of the cutting mat.  This resulted in the bottom of each letter stil attached to the black card.
  • I cut between the letters with a sharp knife, then made the rest of the card into a mat for the funky flowers.

It took a little time to get this right, but I am pleased with it.

All for now
Pat

No comments: