Saturday 25 November 2017

Mirror stamping with my Visible Image stamp set

Hello

If you have seen my last two posts you will see I have used my new stamp set from Visible Image.

I began thinking that the main stamp would lend itself to mirror stamping, giving a totally different card. 

So using the method for mirror stamping that I explained in this post Mirror Stamping  :
here is the card I made.


I simply stamped (and mirror stamped) in black Versafine ink then used clear masking liquid to cover the whites of the eyes.

I used diluted Brusho inks for the background - allowing the inks to drip down the sheet.  Once dry I gently rubbed off the masking fluid to reveal the whites of the eyes and coloured both iris with Promarkers.  It needed a little more colour so I used distress inks to add extra colour around the edges.

The sentiment is by Tim Holtz (for Stampers Anonymous) and the die cut is also by Tim Holtz (for Sizzix).

After adding a mat and a card base I finished with a few clear sequins.  Honestly, I am nor certain I have the colours right, but I am happy with the effect of the stamping. Why don't you give this a try?

All for now

Pat



No comments: