Wednesday 12 August 2015

Now for something completely different - an art deco sun-screen

Sometimes I craft in the conservatory, but when the sun shines it can be hot and uncomfortable so my husband made a wooden frame for me to use as a sun screen.

I love sewing, and these days don't do enough of it, so I decided to make some art deco inspired panels to decorate the screen.  This certainly does the job of shading my work area, and makes it a more comfortable and light area to craft in.

I made the panels in calico and lined them to make them more effective. The patterns on the panels were appliqued onto the calico using heat and bond, then I used a satin stitch to give a 'leaded' appearance.

We can fold up the screen when we don't need it - and we are very pleased with the result

All for now

Pat

No comments: