Tuesday 1 September 2015

Hello, Hello - double trouble, two cards using a Chocolate Baroque magnolia stamp

Hi

When I sit down to make a card for a specific occasion I will often make two cards the same.

This gives me the opportunity to build up a stash of cards to use at short notice and/or to try out the card in two colours.

Here is my latest card - I am very pleased with the result.


I started by stamping with my latest stamp, which is magnolia by Chocolate Baroque, onto copy paper and fussy cut carefully around the image to make a mask.

Then I stamped the magnolia stamp onto white card, placed the mask on top, and overstamped with an Indigoblu stamp called honeycomb.

I used Promarkers in bold colours for the magnolia, and in muted colours for the randomly selected honeycomb cells.

I cut the image out using my Crealies stitched rectangle die, then mounted this onto a compatible colour then onto white card, then I wrapped matching ribbon around this.

For the background I stamped with several complimentary colours randomly over a piece of 5 by 7 inch card, then mounted this onto the card base.

I attached the magnolia image and used my Lawn Fawn 'hello' die and some matching beads to complete the card.

I am very happy with both cards (not sure which I prefer), I hope you like them

Pat


No comments: